Bond Measure 4A loss

Bond Measure 4A loss
Posted on 11/06/2019
voting hand ballot box flag

Grand Junction, CO – School District 51 would like to thank the numerous Mesa County voters who supported Bond Measure 4A. Unfortunately, the measure did not receive enough votes in the Nov. 5, 2019, General Election to pass.

According to results from Mesa County Elections, 47.13% of people who voted on 4A voted in favor of the measure, with the remaining 52.87% voting against it. In all, 45,995 people voted on 4A, out of 109,960 registered Mesa County voters.

While the hope for passage of 4A ends here, the need for a new, safer Grand Junction High School and remodeling projects that would have made Central, Palisade, and Fruita Monument high schools more secure for years to come does not. In the meantime, District 51 remains committed to keeping students safe, emphasizing mental health and social-emotional health, and making schools a secure, welcoming place for students and staff.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.